Thursday, June 2, 2011

Work Outfit Challenge - Day 89.

Hello all on this beautiful day in South East Queensland. If you are reading this today and are a regular reader or a first time reader I'd love if you left me a comment today ... tell me who you are, tell me a joke, tell me anything - just send me some love! Know that it will make my day to hear from you! All you need to do is scroll to the bottom of this post and click the comments link! Mum, this includes you!

I saw these wrangler 'twiggy' jeans at Trade Secret and tried them on even though I knew I wouldn't be shelling out the $50.00 price tag even though that is way cheaper than the retail price of about $150. Well, as they say patience is a virtue and fast forward two weeks and I couldn't snatch these off the rack quick enough when they had been marked down to $30.00. They are so comfy! These photos don't really portray how awesome these are ...

DSC03200
Can you tell I skipped on the makeup this morning and didn't bother with my hair?

DSC03201

DSC03205

DSC03204

DSC03202  vintage jacket deliciousness

DSC03206Wearing: top - Sacha Drake (thrifted), jeans - Wrangler, jacket - vintage, scarf - markets in China, flats - Siren

This weekend I am heading to Central western Queensland to visit my oldest friend who has been teaching in a small town called Tambo for around five years. I have booked a seat on a greyhound bus that leaves Toowoomba at 6:45pm tonight and arrives in Tambo at 5:40 in the morning. I am hoping and praying I get some sleep. Any tips?

There is a race day on Saturday and I'm still not quite sure what I'm going to wear. I'm thinking a Moss and Spy Filigree pleated skirt teamed with this asos bow blouse, tights and a vintage fascinator.

image image

But then what shoes?? Most of my 'races' worthy heels are peep-toes and I believe tights and peep-toes are a no-no.

Might need a quick dash to the shops in my lunch hour to stock up on some last minute necessities (shoes are necessities right?)

Have an awesome weekend - I'm sure I will!

Over and Out

XOXO

9 comments:

rachel said...

Whoa, love the colour of those jeans! I'm a sucker for red, but I don't know if I'd have the confidence to wear them! They look great on you xx

Ness said...

Love the jacket!

Peta said...

I look forward to reading your blog on a daily basis as I share your passion for retro/vintage goodies.
It is such an enjoyable past-time searching through racks and boxes etc.
Occasionally new is exciting, but new is not necessarily better!

Heather, 29 Skirts said...

Super red jeans! I also love your jacket, especially the collar!

J said...

Skinny!!!

Anonymous said...

Read your blog every day and love your ability to marry modern and vintage. Very interested in your wedding planning!

danielle said...

Love the outfit- can't wait to see races outfit and new shoes?? :)

Darren From said...

I read it too LOL !!! Although not picking up too many tips for males :) Maybe Mr P should have his own segment :)

kalgm4 said...

Great butt shot !!!