Monday, March 7, 2011

did i bag a book bargain?

I gotta admit ... bargain hunting requires patience and this couldn't be more true when you visit an event like Bookfest. Rows and rows of books in boxes requires a keen eye if you are looking for something in particular.


My something in particular? Hard cover, old, shabby looking books with appropriate titles for this idea for the wedding.


Did I get some books? Yes. Was I disappointed? Yes.


I guess I've been in a bit of a opping/garage sale 'funk' of late. I've been disappointed in what is on offer, especially at Vinnies which (almost) always delivers and I haven't really had the motivation for hardcore, get  up at 6am garage saleing on a Saturday morning. Must get that motivation back!!!!! I have oodles of vintage paraphernalia to collect for the wedding!


Anyway, some of the awesome titles I've got so far include good wives, pat's new life, the road mender (Pat works for RoadTek/Main Roads), fair dinkum (my aunty is always saying it) and three men in new suits (Pat is having 2 groomsmen).




Tomorrow I'll show you some of the English crockery I've been collecting for the wedding.


Till then, Over and Out


XOXO

No comments: