Monday, August 9, 2010

A thrifty weekend

The boy was out of town all weekend so I went searching for garage sale bargains with the parentals early Saturday morning.

Here are some of my treasures:

P1020403

A vintage Qantas bag from a deceased estate sale a while back for $2

P1020406

A huge owl cookie jar that is missing his lid for $2– I’m going to attempt to grow some herbs in here and will post a picture once he finds his spot in the garden (if you can call it that!) This came from what we guessed was a deceased estate sale. We got there a bit before 9am – we wondered what other treasures could have come home with us if we’d got there earlier.

P1020412

Some old school crockery – I’m getting some together for an idea I have for in the future. The set of bowls on the left were $3, the jug was $1, the plate was $2 and the other bowls were $2 – all old English.

P1020418

Another cookbook stand for the kitchen for $2 – come in very handy when the cookbooks are actually used and not just sitting on display! Needs a bit of a clean and maybe a touch of paint.

P1020410 P1020411

The boy got this last weekend – it’s Australia’s answer to Monopoly where you actually play for sheep stations. Was a good way to fill in a dreary Saturday afternoon. This was $2. Because I had no ‘YES!’ moments last weekend he said that I could let everyone know he had one lol. I also picked up Scrabble on Saturday for $2.

P1020394 

And last but not least another vintage dress with a pussy-bow collar that (of course) needs re-hemming – fifty cents!

Hope everyone had a terrific weekend and has a great week ahead. Less than 8 weeks until the boy and I head off on our Vietnam & China adventure!

Over and Out XOXO

No comments: