Friday, April 30, 2010

"I will only have six beers"

So my partner and I are heading on an Asian adventure in October and are madly scrimping and saving to pay it off by the end of June. Now I am without doubt what you would find if you looked up 'shopaholic' in the dictionary. I am constantly thinking about shopping. I get at least 20 emails every day advertising fashion sales, discounts, searches I've saved on eBay amongst other shopping related communications. I habitually check out sites like

http://forums.vogue.com.au/
http://www.ozbargain.com.au/http://www.buckscoop.com.au/deals/?order_by=Newest+Hottest and http://blogs.news.com.au/couriermail/shopsmart/ just in case I've missed some sort of great deal on what most of the time is something I do not need or already own in a slightly different colour or style.

So the boy tells me the other day that until the holiday is paid for that he has set the following restrictions:

  • I am not allowed to shop retail - this includes eBay but I can op shop and do garage sales
  • He will not drink more than 6 beers when he goes to the pub - something I thought he would never voluntarily enter himself in to and a restriction that he is highly likely not to be able to adhere to
So anyway, I'm going fine so far. Please note it has been less than a week!!!


Any SALE related email that makes its way into my inbox is deleted straight away to remove all temptation and offers of trips to the shops are quickly dismissed as I would not like to test out my willpower. It is actually quite a difficult challenge but one that I'm hoping I can complete. So the next two months I'll post cool stuff I get at op-shops and garage sales. I truly love the thrill of digging through racks and drawers of
pre-loved dresses, tops, shoes and especially vintage clutches and finding something that you just want to yell out 'YES!!!!!!!!' (as in) how cool that:


  1. someone has given this away and
  2. that I found it before someone else did
Totally bummed though that I'll miss the bulk of the end-of-financial-year sales.

 

Dinner and wine with these girls tomorrow night - can't wait!!!

Over and Out XOX0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat's bro here, liking the blog! LOVING the agreement Patrick set out. lol...