Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Op Shop Santa

The boy and I hosted Christmas at our place for around 40 of our family (mostly mine!)
In 2009, we had Christmas at Coolum on the Sunshine Coast and my retro-loving, op shop and garage sale bargain hunter extraordinaire aunty suprised us all with a gift from op shop santa. Basically it was an item or items that had been purchased from an op shop, garage sale or second hand on eBay. What a great idea!
So this year we prepared a list and everyone joined in on the fun.
The rules Purchase something for your chosen secret recipient for under $10 and it must be second hand. It could be something appropriate for the person or could just be a big joke. I'm not sure if everyone got on the 2nd hand band wagon but it was fun all the same. Thought I'd share my most favourite photo of them all.
DSC02455Why don't you try this next year?
And some more Christmas fun. My grandma turns 80 this year and is seriously the coolest lady I know!
P1040190 P1040139
The boy and I SCORED big time for pressies this year. Some of my fave gifts were the new Nigella Lawson cookbook Kitchen, the Tomorrow When the War Began DVD, almost $200 worth of vouchers to spend at Myer, two gorgeous white lace dresses, an awesome black and white maxi to add to the collection, an iPod alarm clock and a bundle of vintage plates from my soon to be mother-in-law.
DSC02436 I also made a pav which I was pretty damn proud of.DSC02463
Over and Out XOXO

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a fantastic idea! I was talking on a radio chat show just before Christmas about buying second hand op-shop gifts for friends and family. So good to see this!! Good work :)