Friday, August 20, 2010

Aimless Wandering

Does anyone go to places like Kmart or Big W and wander around aimlessly for an extended period of time and then leave with a bag of goodies you never really intended on buying?

I actually went there with the intention of picking up one of these

cupcakepic from http://www.kmart.com.au/Catalogue/Catalogue.aspx?CatalogueID=307
cupcake carriers and had plans to make all kinds of yummy treats on the weekend but alas, I couldn’t find it so started my Kmart adventure to find all kinds of stuff to buy instead.

I picked up a cute dressy top for $8, a pair of skinny leg pants (pull on so super comfy) for $6 and three tops from their Bub2B range for $6 each. Yes, they are maternity tops but no, I am not preggers. I totally recommend swinging past the maternity section of your local chain store – it’s always worth a look.

I also picked up a new nailpolish for $1.75! Kmart currently has a promotion for $3 off Face of Australia cosmetics. Unfortunately there was only 1 bottle left in their brights range otherwise I would have picked up one in every colour! For the price it’s pretty good – I want the pink, green and light blue! Wink wink, nudge nudge to those readers I know that live in other parts of the country who want to go find them for me ; )

The young girl at the checkout was quite obviously looking for my baby bump until I advised her that I wasn’t pregnant – she said that she was thinking that I had no signs of being pregnant and was hiding it very well – that’s nice to know. She then gave me a huge compliment about my One Teaspoon dress I was wearing (from eBay) as did the next girl waiting in line. Isn’t it nice to get compliments from strangers?!!

Hope the rain we’ve been having today clears up so that I can check out some garage sales tomorrow morning. Totally excited about a market and car boot sale – oh the possibilities! Have a great weekend everyone – hope it’s full of bargains!

Over and Out XOXO

4 comments:

Hel said...

Uh... I totally have that cupcake carrier and I need to get rid of it (because of the great international move).

So if you want it, it's yours. if you pay for the postage of course. ;) I'll see if it's worth your while paying for postage or not and I'll get back to you.

I love K-Mart and Big W. I sometimes just go in there with no specific in mind. Big W is really good for sticker books for Isabel. and I love looking in the household section of KMart.

Thrifted Treasure said...

Hee hee, I was in our nearest Kmart first thing yesterday morning and nabbed the last of those cupcake carriers!!! Maybe they'll have more in stock, I had planned on getting one of the stands too but it'a actually pink, and I have 3 boys, so no good!

J said...

I will be heading to the Mart this week, so will keep an eye out for you :)

ness said...

I guess I will head there today, even though I really dont need anything,, u can never go past a bargain hey x